Known as the 'Management Cycle', this course completes the CFPA Europe Diploma in Fire Prevention - this advanced course is only open to holders of the Technical Cycle. 10 days of input spread over two sessions, the course is intended for experienced fire safety professionals to build on previous knowledge in order to recommend and implement fire safety strategies across large or multi-site premises. This course provides comprehensive coverage of processes concerning managing fire safety throughout the life of a building. It discusses the impact that changes in building use or occupancy can have on fire safety strategy, stressing the need for continuous strategy review. It opens up the wider aspects of risk management and the need to safeguard economic viability.
- Knowledge of broader management issues flowing from fire protection issues
- An understanding of the principles of fire engineering design
- An improved awareness of the testing and maintenance of fire protection and suppression equipment
- A greater understanding of how to manage risk in complex premises
- Strategies to deal with risk management and policy development
- Coping with emergencies and change management strategies