Who we are
The Fire Protection Association (FPA) is the UK's national fire safety organisation and is one of 28 similar national bodies worldwide. We work to identify and draw attention to the dangers of fire and the means by which the potential for loss is kept to a minimum.
Since our formation in 1946 we have attained an unrivalled reputation for quality of work and expertise in all aspects of fire including research, consultancy, training, membership, publications, risk surveying and auditing. Our products and services are designed to assist fire, security and safety professionals achieve and maintain the very highest standards of fire safety management.
Trusted, Independent, Expert, Proactive, Collaborative, Impartial, Quality, Progressive and Not for Profit.
To remain independent and unerring in the pursuit of quality protection of people, property, business and the environment.
To continue to be the go to authority in the field of fire protection, building security and people safety through the promotion of fit for purpose training and development, expert consultancy and principled / challenging research led lobbying and representation
What makes us stand out from the crowd?
All our training and consultancy services are conducted in accordance with the requirements of The FPA quality management system, assessed and approved by Lloyds Register and certified to BS EN ISO 9001:2015.
Our training credentials speak for themselves:
- We are an Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) Approved Training Centre
- We have approved centre accredited status from the Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM)
- We are an IQ accredited centre
- We are an Educational Associate of the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA)
- We are a constituent member of the Confederation of European Fire Protection Associations (CFPA Europe)
- We are a NEBOSH Accredited Centre
- We have achieved the Investors in People Award
- The majority of our courses offer CPD points
- Certified NSI Gold Award for BAFE SP205
Governance, aims and objectives
Our three stakeholders who currently sit on the FPA board are: