The practical route to understanding the installation, commissioning and maintenance of detection and alarm systems, emergency lights and the relevant legislative requirements
A five day course designed for those new to the fire detection and alarms industry who require a comprehensive understanding of systems and legislation as well as practical guidance in carrying out installation, commission and maintenance of systems.
Suitable for the apprentice fire alarm engineer, sellers and estimators, designers, premises managers and those fire wardens/marshalls who require a greater understanding of fire alarms. Also a great refresher for time served engineers.
Using a combination of classroom and workshop facilities, practical skills can be taught and developed. You will be able to clearly demonstrate to customers and/or employers evidence of training matched against:
- the National Occupational Standards in Systems
- relevant British Standards (BS 5839 Part 1, plus parts 6, 8 and 9; BS 6266)
- BS5266 2016 emergency lighting
- BAFE SP203 / LPCB 1014 for Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
- relevant legislation and guidance
- a sector competence matrix agreed by sector employers
In-house Training: (up to 12 delegates): Non-members £7200 +VAT, FPA/ECA members receive a 10% discount
This course must be held at FPA premises to use the practical facilities in our workshop, however courses may be tailored to be delivered at your premises. Please contact us directly to discuss these options.