This one day course follows on from the Introduction to Passive Fire Protection course and will cover the elements of fire doors listed below:
To ‘up-skill’ contractors involved in the installation of passive fire protection as well as improve the knowledge base of those involved in the design, supply, inspection and maintenance of passive fire protection. This one day course focuses on the legal requirements relating to fire doors, their installation and maintenance.
- Describe the key features of fire door design and manufacture
- Outline the regulatory requirements relating to fire doors
- Identify the correct methods of fire door installation
- Specify maintenance of fire doors best practice
- Identify issues that will affect the required performance of fire resisting door sets
- Be aware of the importance of 3rd party certification