- Knowledge of the correct servicing regime to be adopted for specific types of portable fire extinguisher.
- The skills necessary to sit the theory and practical exam of servicing portable fire extinguishers in accordance with the requirements of BS 5306 Parts 3 and 8 (invigilated by BAFE), an integral element of the BAFE SP101 Competency of Portable Fire Extinguisher Organisations and Technicians Scheme.
- adjustible spanner
- digital scales OR variety of spring balances
- inspection torch
- gouge needle tester OR gauge inspection kit
When carrying out the role of extinguisher technician, additional tools will be required – these will be discussed during the course.
- The Theory and practice of servicing portable fire extinguishers in accordance with the requirements of BS 5306 Parts 3 and 8 certificate (issued by BAFE) valid for 3 years
- This course has been awarded 19.5 IFE CPD hours
- Level 3 CFPA Maintenance of Portable Fire Extinguishers
- The Ministry of Defence (MOD) has approved the course under its Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme
Course code: C11
Price: £690+VAT, FPA members receive a 10% discount
In-company price: £5900 +VAT, FPA members receive a 10% discount