How do we test the sprinklers?
- Visual inspection of 100% of the samples
- A minimum of 75% of the heads will be subjected to a ‘function test’ - this has two parts: a water based test to detect leakage in the heads, and a gas flame activation test to check satisfactory operation of the heads. Once activated the water flow is monitored and assessed.
- The remaining 25% may also be subject to either an operating temperature test - where heads are placed in a water bath which is heated gradually until the thermally sensitive element activates - or further function testing.
- Post testing visual inspection, paying particular attention to the waterways and deflector plate.
- Further testing if needed; for example if the heads were blocked.
- Results and recommendations will be provided in a detailed report within four weeks of receiving the heads.
To find out more about how we can assist you with any of our sprinkler services please either
email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
call on 01608 812 537