Independent sprinkler system inspections
Automatic fire sprinkler systems are known to be an extremely effective way of controlling the spread of fire, but like all systems they MUST be serviced and maintained.
How often should sprinkler systems be inspected?
Who is allowed to inspect them?
A comprehensive and truly independent inspection service
The service benefits from:
- Highly trained personnel with professional qualifications and years of experience
An extensive onsite review including:
- A full system assessment
- An assessment of whether the system coverage is adequate
- A visual inspection of the age and condition of the system
- A review of hazards including inspection of processes and storage arrangements
- The witnessing of water supply tests
- A check to see if the pump and tank systems operate as designed
- A check to see if the system is linked to an alarm system that operates when a flow test is conducted
- A check that the system valve sets are secured open and clearly labelled
- A review of the current testing regime
- A full report with any impact analysis and practical guidance if improvements are needed.
- Competitive prices, the FPA is a not for profit organisation so sets it prices so more companies can access its services.
- Extra quality assurance, the inspection will be conducted in accordance with the Fire Protection Associations Quality Management System, which has a UKAS accredited certification from LRQA.