DSEAR Risk Assessments
What are dangerous substances?
Dangerous substances are substances or mixtures of substances (called ‘preparations’ in DSEAR) that could cause risk to people’s safety through events such as fire and explosions.
Organisations must take steps through assessment to eliminate or reduce the risks presented by such materials as far as reasonably practicable and to effectively manage any residual risk that remains.
How can the FPA help?
The FPA can provide specialist consultants to conduct comprehensive DSEAR risk assessments for your organisation. Our assessment reports will provide clear recommendations on the actions that need to be taken to ensure the safety of employees and others who may be on the premises. limit risks to the premises and achieve compliance with the Regulations.
Our risk assessment process provides an in-depth review and reporting of:
- hazardous materials
- storage provisions of dangerous substances
- the use of dangerous substances
- supporting activities including safety critical work operations
- control measures
- emergency planning and procedures
- maintenance of plant and machinery
- hazardous area zone classification
- potential sources of ignition in zone and classified areas
- interconnection of plant and buildings
- spillage containment and recovery
- control of waste products and materials
To find out more about DSEAR risk assessments, call us on 01608 812 505, or email firstname.lastname@example.org