Register for our topical webinars to keep you up to date on fire industry issues. Hosted by experts in the field our webinars will provide you with honest, professional guidance from the Fire Protection Association. Find out more about what we have coming up.
Identifying the Responsible Person
Host: Neil Cheyne, FPA
Date: 31 May
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires the ‘responsible person’ to provide and maintain sufficient fire safety. Uncertainty can frequently occur over who the responsible person actually is; Is it the owner, employer, occupier or all three, or a combination of any of these people at any time? Further ambiguity can arise should the responsible person find themselves in this position by default. This webinar will establish who the responsible person is and what responsibilities they hold, helping to demystify this important part of the legislation.
Who will benefit?
Anyone with an interest in fire safety:
- Owners of businesses
- Health and Safety staff
- Security staff
- Facilities staff
- Maintenance staff
- Contracting organisations
- Fire wardens
- Who is responsible – the types of people this could be and who has the ultimate responsibility?
- The type of preventative actions and key duties certain roles should take e.g. Risk Assessments, checking evacuation routes, maintenance of systems and active firefighting methods
- Establishing procedures to be followed in the event of a fire
- Where responsible persons control is limited and what actions they should take
- A note on the suitable number of responsible people within an organisation
- Where and how contractors fit in and selecting a reputable contractor
- An outline of how a person may prove their competency
- Unexpected responsibilities, do you always know who is in your premises?
- A brief summary of your requirements