Senior Fire Safety Trainer
Based: Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, GL56 0RH. Courses will take place around the UK, the position will require travel and overnight stays away.
Starting salary: £40K+benefits, full time permanent
Closing date: 30th April 2019
The Fire Protection Association (FPA) is a not-for-profit organisation, based in Moreton in Marsh Gloucestershire, within travelling distance from Oxford, Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon. We are an independent and authoritative source of information relating to all aspects of fire safety, risk management and loss prevention, offering research, consultancy, training, publications, risk surveying and auditing services. For more information, please visit www.thefpa.co.uk and www.riscauthority.co.uk and www.frmjournal.com. FPA are an equal opportunities employer.
The FPA is looking for a full time trainer to fill a senior role within the department. Delivering a variety of courses to the public and to in-company customers, with particular responsibility for high quality fire risk assessment training. You will also be required to liaise with customers to understand the needs of the business and tailor course requirements appropriately. Training will be conducted at various venues and on client sites.
Vital to this role are:
- Min 5 years prior training experience
- Min 5 years experience of fire safety
- Ability to take the lead on curriculum updates
- Ability to adapt to a range of work place environments
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A pro-active attitude
Desirable for this role:
- Experience of fire safety enforcement/ dealing with enforcing agencies
- Application of fire safety standards and best practice
- The ability to mentor and support other’s development
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, outlining relevant experience and suitability for the role. Send either by post or by email to:
Fire Protection Association
Moreton in Marsh