Laboratory Assistant Technician
To assist with conducting experimental and research projects at FPA’s Fire Research Laboratory (FRL).
Provide support to the Technical team when undertaking experimental and research projects.
Undertake project work within the Special Projects Group producing or contributing to technical guides for insurers or other stakeholders as appropriate.
Undertake assigned tasks in the support of projects undertaken within the Fire Research Laboratory.
Undertake such work you are assigned in a careful and efficient way in compliance with FPA standards, QA and regulatory requirements.
To be familiar with the use of calibration equipment in relation to BS8414 Test Procedures
Collect, assemble, prepare, issue, clean, maintain and store equipment and other materials required for testing as instructed by your supervisor
Represent the Fire Protection Association and insurers on technical and strategic committees and at seminars / exhibitions as appropriate
Input to and produce quotations for new sales opportunities
Maintain current awareness of key issues and developments within the fire industry
- Excellent technical knowledge of fire testing
- Good project management skills
- Good time management
- Ability to manage subcontractors and suppliers
- Ability to collect & analyse relevant data and to write concise and technically accurate reports
- Develop safe working procedures
- A leader with good management skills and the ability to motivate and develop a team
- Good practical/creative problem-solving skills
- Good management skills with the ability to influence and engage with direct/indirect reports and peers
- Good understanding of Health and Safety principles
- Strong attention to detail, who can ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- A good understanding of principles of fire safety
- Budgetary awareness
Science or Engineering degree desirable
To apply please email your CV to Jo Griffin, HR Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org