Laboratory Assistant Technician
To assist with conducting experimental and research projects at FPA’s Fire Research Laboratory (FRL).
- To provide support to the technical team when undertaking experimental and research projects.
- To undertake such work you are assigned in a careful and efficient way in compliance with FPA standards, QA and regulatory requirements.
- To assist in other laboratory projects as required
- To assist in the general cleanliness and maintenance of the laboratory
- To demonstrate the application of initiative, undertake tasks diligently and to the required level.
- To Collect, assemble, prepare, issue, clean, maintain and store equipment and other materials required for testing
- Ensure all tools and materials are left in a safe and secure manner
- To be aware of and abide by the rules and codes of the company and department particularly in relation to health & safety and fire procedures.
- To maintain a level of service and professionalism as expected by the company when dealing with clients and co-operate with all members of staff at all times.
- Strong technical aptitude, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Good level of self -motivation
- Hands on / technically minded / practical
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good time management
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
GCSE or equivalent English & Maths at grade C or above required.
Science A-levels and/or degree or equivalent level education advantageous, but not essential.
To apply please email your CV to Jo Griffin, HR Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org