Fire Risk Consultant
The incumbent is required to contribute to the sustainability of the FPA through the provision of technical consultancy support to Training and Fire Risk Services.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct fire risk assessments and general fire safety consulting for a variety of premises including complex buildings and special risks.
- Conduct DSEAR assessments of a variety of flammable liquid, gas and dust risks.
- Provide support to the FAS section regarding initial enquiries, pre-meetings, determining the likely scope of work, developing project briefs, presentations to clients and similar.
- Assist with customer account management where necessary and the processing of customer queries.
- Perform validation, verification and QA of technical reports and process / resolve associated queries.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and technical support to both internal and external consultants as and when required.
- Provide support to the training section by way of technical advice, presentation of courses, marking of assignments and similar.
- Attend and present talks at seminars, conferences and webinars.
- Provide support to the publications department including reviewing draft publications and preparing technical articles for the journal.
- Provide support to the sales and marketing department.
Interact and work closely with all Fire Protection Association staff at all levels including Senior and Executive management.
Client facing and will therefore be required to interact and report to the entire customer base including clients, members and other professionals such as engineers, architects and similar. For larger projects and key customers the post holder will be expected to effectively manage accounts and assignments.
Qualifications, experience and attributes
- A relevant technical degree, preferably in fire engineering or a fire related discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience of which 5 must have been in a senior fire safety consulting / advisory capacity.
- Ability to engage effectively with people internally and externally.
- A team player who can demonstrate a collaborative style of working that enhances business / project performance.
- Ability to lead by example and in a manner consistent the organisations policies, goals and values.
- Ability to deliver projects to the required standard on time.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter summarising your ability to perform the role to:
Jo Griffin, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.